Monday, August 07, 2006

Job Hoping




Last week, I was offered by well-establish plantation company in Sabah as a mill manager. At the same time, my head quarters asked me to be part of executives for new quality department at Kuala Lumpur.

Actually, I'm serving to my present company for almost 10 years as mill engineer. But, sad to say that my salary grade just upgraded last year from A5 to A4. Compare to industry avarage, my salary is under par. Normally, after 5-10 years working, one have already been promoted to senior or management post., Right now, I'm doing the same daily task, routine jobs and after all, no job satisfaction. I can't blame my present company not to promote me because no vacancy so far.

So, last two month, I started to send my resume to several companies. Fortunatelly, one of my application was considered and asked me to attend for interview. Then, after 1 month later, I had received offer letter from that company. Salary ?? almost double.

Until now, I'm still not decide yet. Whether I'm continue serving to my current job but stay in KL or leave it and join new company with new upgrade carrier but still in Sabah.

No comments: