Monday, September 28, 2009

Me and my replacement

Today, I started my work as normal and entered the mill office at 8.30 am. Around 9.00 am, Chong knocked the door and introduced to me a new mill manager who will replace me afterward. His name Mr. Yee, age of 65 retired from other company. He came from Ipoh, Perak.

He told that MD asked him to come today purposely to see me and also to attend the Monday management meeting. Very experience guy but to me, honestly no so fit anymore to manage the heavy mill like Palm Oil Mill.




I’m not sure why MD willing to employ the retired person…may be due to experiences, most probably..or no choice because at the momoent, the young or middle age engineers not so interested with this company. Anyway, I wish all the best to him and to the company.
Then, Mr. Yee said that he wills formally reporting on 1st October 2009. My last day as stated in my resignation letter was on 17th October 2009. Hence, from 1st to 17th, we have two captains in one ship. As such, I’m start thinking to apply for early release.
Verbally, I have spoken this matter to MD and he agreed with the condition that the replacement of new manager is available before the date. Thanks God, Mr. Yee has appeared this morning… Why? This is because I will start to work with my new company at Kuantan Port Area on 19th October 2009. One day is not enough for me to do the arrangement to move my belonging from Teluk Intan to Kuantan. In fact, I need a few days to prepare myself for new environment …quite stressful also. See how lah….hehe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam,

asrisall said...

Wkmslm....

Anonymous said...

salam, kat kuantan company amenda? moga success dgn company baru, aku dengar hang ada bukak nusrey kat kelantan. Fisal FPI

asrisall said...

Hehe..
Aku join FPG Oleochemical,.jadi steam engineer, nampaknya join balik Felda..dah rezki gitu, syukur lah.
Nursery tu dekat wakaf bharu, kelantan,.so far ok dan la ni abang handle.